Friday, October 17, 2014

Caowinman vs. Females

So I'd love to tell you all about the recent episodes of Arrow, The Flash, and Gotham  - an awful show, a great show, and a show I liked but whose last episode freaked me out.

Do I like boys or girls? I like it when you're a powerful criminal and not a perverted weirdo.
I'd love to complain that Arrow keeps getting rid of my favorite female characters, letting Felicity work for the competition, killing off Sara and literally stuffing her into a fridge, and turning Lila (spelling? I don't read my television shows) into a pregnant lady instead of a super badass spy, while trying to make me like Laurel, the only character in a superhero story I've ever hated as much as Wolverine.

But you guys, I met a woman who was funny! Not funny like Harley Quinn, that hilarious jokester who may or may not also be a murderous sociopath. Funny like I never thought a female personage could be so horrible.

Maybe I'm being unfair. But read this text conversation between me and this chick,

ME: Another Alan Moore Story. The guy hated superhero conventions more than I hate Wolverine., I guess.
HER: :O How can you hate Wolverine? We can't be friends anymore.

At this point, I should have agreed, but instead I explained why I hate him (by sending her pictures of him, which should be explanation enough.) She mentioned liking that alpha male thing, so I said:

ME: I love the cheerful jokesters. Our only overlap is probably Deadpool.
HER: Possibly. I don't know his character.

At this point, I told her the only way I wouldn't delete her number was if she let me make fun of her on my blog. Apparently, she responded to that sort of "alpha male" demand, that she let me exploit her for comedy, so she acquiesced. Or, alternatively, she realized that no one reads this blog except for me.

And, in my fantasies, Felicity Smoak.
In fact, I'd tell her how I'd much rather date Felicity, or Fish Mooney, or even Amanda Waller (from the comics, even) but I'm pretty sure it'd go over her head. Either way, any girl who doesn't know about Deadpool is clearly not the girl for me. She can date Wolverine for all I care.

Of course, for Wolverine to be interested, she'll have to be Cyclops' girl first.

No comments:

Post a Comment